24 October 2012

Frankie's 50th Issue - Glamorous Grandma

If you have been following this blog for a while you will already know how proud I am of my Grandma Vera. So when Frankie asked if I had a fashion icon in the family I would be willing to talk about in their 50'th Issue, I knew my Grandma and her stunning photos would tell the perfect story! I hope you enjoy this sneak peek at the feature and a closer look at all the old photographs of Vera's style throughout the decades, she really is one inspiring lady.
Thank you Frankie for featuring my beautiful Grandma and putting a proud smile on her face. x
Dulcie said...

Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful pictures with us all. Vera was clearly an extremely stylish woman! Did she live in Ceylon at some point? My grandma also did but in the 30s to the 50s as she married a colonial teaplanter. You've inspired me to do my own post now! xxx

Gladys Badhands said...

This is wonderful! I love nothing more than old family snapshots and sometimes seeing how fashion skips a generation! My Grandmother would never leave the house without a slcik of lipstick, pearls and a brooch, terribly wise! x

Nadinoo said...

Thank you both so much, so pleased you enjoyed them :)

Yes, my Grandma lived in Ceylon for three years in the nineteen fifties, it's where she had my mother! I wonder if our Grannies ever crossed paths... x

Starr Crow said...

She's so beautiful and stylish!

Anonymous said...

So much cutness, I think I'm tearing up!

love amira xx

allthebigtrees said...

Oh this is so so lovely x

daria said...

this is so nice! I love the pictures, I love the text in the magazine and the cross stitch background, I love that her name is Vera (a favorite name of mine bcs of the Pink Floyd song) & it all makes me think of my grandma, who was a tailor & I wish she would've taught me how to sew :)

Unknown said...

Those photos ..tell a wonderful story..about a girl that's soft and strong at the same time elegant and full of life!
Love the photo at the age of 17 sitting on a chair(this is like a whole movie on its own..),the one lying on a chair like dancer on holidays in Bournemouth,the three photos modeling for Grandad Ray(very good photographer..)
I can see her in you..
Thank you for sharing..
love,
M.

Nadinoo said...

Such heart warming comments kind ladies, thank you! I'm deeply thrilled you find my Grandma as inspiring as I do, she will be so happy to read your thoughts.

Daria, your Grandma sounds pretty awesome too!

Nadia x

Vera Eastwood said...

Thanks for all your comments feel so proud to be Nadias grandma.
Vera x

Clo said...

Hi, :) i find your blog only now and i love it, is very inspiring and you are so beautiful and sweet :)) Your Grandma Vera is amazing, her style is very chic and elegant:))) so cute an pretty!! All photos are wonderful!!!
Kiss Clo
I will follow you with great pleasure :)) I'm so happy to have find your blog!

Anonymous said...

So proud to share the same grandmother as you. She really is such a wonderful and stylish woman.

Hannah :)

Salām in Wonderland said...

I love these pictures! Such a cute article too <3

Rosaspina Vintage said...

Oh my goodness, she even left an actual comment!!! How awesome is she *_* Pretty much every picture made me sigh, she looks so effortlessly classy and all the garments she was wearing, the clever way she paired them together, the expression on her face... wow! Not to mention your granddad Ray, what a great photographer, the 2 pics with a shadow on her face are incredible. I can clearly see where all your talents come from, sweetheart! I'm sure she is very proud of what you do!
xxx

makiii said...

Oh, this is so wonderful, I love frankie and everything about this spread. Congrats on the collab with Anthro by the way!!

Alison Sarah said...

I love seeing Nadinoo in Frankie! and this was such a great idea for an article...so many in our generation think we're coming up with new ideas, when our parents and grandparents did it all first! Love being inspired by my predecessors :)

Nadinoo © . Design by FCD.